Monday 15 September 2014

2 MONTHS!

"Yes...I have been on my mission for exactly 2 months today!! It feels like I've been here for 2 weeks! It's going SO fast! I'm just having the most amazing time ever! 

So as you all know, we moved house this week! We now live in a fancy house with a basement! We were looking for storage space and we found a basement, and it's super creepy! But it's home! We love it :) We struggled being in our new house for the first few hours because we had NOTHING in the house! We had no cups or ANYTHING! So this is Sister Blair drinking Orange juice from a bowl.



So we are now settled in, and the Elders are settled into our old apartment! So we have Elder Sutherland from Utah/Idaho and Elder Ching from Hawaii!! So I'm still the only European around here! But the Elders are really good! We all get along very well..we don't hate each other at all! :P We made them banana bread and cookies and left them in the apartment for them, we also bought them a load of cereal...and we bought a load of cards and left them around the apartment for them to read. We wanted them to feel welcome...so I think that did the job! Also..we photocopied our entire area book and member book for them so they're very well informed of everything here!

So the members here in Norwich are AMAZING! They're very missionary minded and that's what we want! The ward mission leader and his wife are the nicest people EVER! We LOVE Brother and Sister Lewis! We were in Relief Society yesterday, and one woman made a comment about how she didn't let her son go on a mission because she didn't want him to be away from her for 2 years because she'd be worried about him, but now he's inactive, and she knows if he went on a mission things would probably be different. So Sister Lewis made a comment about that..she said that we should encourage our children to serve missions, and they'll always be looked after.She said "My kids are grown up and they've moved out, but I'm still a mom!" and then she pointed at me and Sister Blair and said "I'm their Mom!" She's the sweetest person ever! ALSO...we were at their house for dinner about a month ago, and they were asking me about the food in Ireland and they asked if we eat Shepherd's Pie a lot..and I was like "actually I haven't had that in a LOOOONG time but I LOVE it!"..so yesterday when we were talking to her she told me that she's making Shepherd's pie for dinner this week when we come over! They're the nicest family ever! We are VERY well looked after here. No need to worry about me while I'm here!

Sister Lewis is also really good friends with one of our investigators, Roxanne, who we LOVE! She's been investigating the church for a LONG time! She went to Transfer meeting this week and got to see all the new missionaries coming in, and she got to hear all the departing missionaries bear their testimonies. She LOVED it! We went to visit her this week and we asked her how she felt about it and we read the Book Of Mormon with her. She loves the Book of Mormon! She's totally ready to be baptised! But she just hasn't made the commitment yet. We love her SO much though! She's an amazing woman! :)

This is the AMAZING sunset in Norwich! This is 5 minutes from our house!



Sister Barrett & Sister Blair at sunset
Well, that's all for this week! We're going to play Disc golf for P-day today! Yes that does exist. I'm pretty excited about it! 

Love, Sister Barrett".

If you want to write to Sister Barrett at her flat, just message me or her mom on Facebook for the new address. Thank you as always for your love & support!

No comments:

Post a Comment