Monday 2 November 2015

Eu nao falo Portugues?

Hey everyone!!

Okay so big news of the week...I'm getting transferred to a new area for my last 3 months! I'm going to Marlborough, Massachusetts! It's in the Boston Stake! I am SO excited!! But wait...there's more...

Marlborough is a Portuguese area. I am now in the Portuguese program and I'll be learning Portuguese over the next 3 months! I'm actually SO excited!!! This is a CRAZY new challenge but I'm ready to learn!!

Plus I have an amazing new companion that will teach me the ways of the Portuguese program. Well...she's not really a new companion. She's an old companion. Yes, I get my Brazilian baby back! Sister Saito is my new companion!! I have SO much to learn from her! I'm so excited to be companions with her again!!!

So this is my INSANE news of the week!!!!

As for the rest of the week...

On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Glastonbury Sisters. I went to Glastonbury with Sister Meireles (She's from Minas Gerais, Brazil...ALL THE BRAZILIANS!). We set off on our way to Glastonbury and when we were just past Hartford City, I realised that I had our phone.. We had to turn around and drive ALL the way back to Avon to give Sister Egan and Sister Lind the phone. I can't count the amount of times I've done that. Somehow I ALWAYS end up bringing the phone with me on exchanges! Haha but the exchange was really good. I learn a lot from Sister Meireles. We had the opportunity to Skype our digital investigator, Beatriz. She is also from Brazil! So Sister Meireles got to teach her all about the Book of Mormon and we got her information so we can contact the missionaries there to get her a hard copy of the Book of Mormon. It was really exciting!



Then on Saturday, Sister Egan and I Skyped her and we taught her the Plan of Salvation. We told her that I was going to a new area with a new companion and she was so sad that Sister Egan wouldn't be there. But I'm sure she'll be grateful when she realises that soon I'll be able to speak to her in her own language! 

So then on Wednesday we had interviews with President Miller. While everyone was going in and out of their interviews, the Zone Leaders and STL's did some great training with our District. Once again, I love our District. We all got to share why we decided to come on a mission and it was really amazing to hear everyone's reasons. I feel honoured to have the opportunity to serve around such incredible missionaries.

On Thursday we had a really good lesson with Mikele. We just read the Book of Mormon with her and helped her to understand and feel the peace that comes from reading the Book of Mormon daily. I'm really sad that I won't be teaching her anymore but I know that Sister Egan and Sister Zickella (yes that's my MTC companion, Sister Zickella) will really be able to help her.

Saturday night was super boring! As you know, we have an early curfew on Halloween. It was painful. Sister Egan took a nap and I wrote in my journal...and that was our Halloween.

Sunday was so sad! It's hard saying goodbye to everyone, but I'll always treasure the time that I spent here in Avon. I'm going to miss all the people and I'm going to miss Sister Egan. But I've learned so much here, and now it's time for me to go back to my Brazilian baby and learn how to teach people in Portuguese! #letsgooooooooo

Saying goodbye to the Callado family! I love them!

The Armisteds. They're hilarious!

I love you all SO much! I hope you all have an incredible week!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment