Monday 6 April 2015

Greenie in Greenfield!

Hey everyone!!

First of all, Happy Easter! I hope you all had an amazing day yesterday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ!!

This week was absolutely amazing!! I don't even know where to begin or how to express everything that happened.

First off, we went to the part of New York that's in our mission with some of the missionaries in our zone last P-day. We just took a picture by the sign, and then we left. Hahaha It was very thrilling. 


On Tuesday we finally got in contact with Veronica, one of our potential investigators, and set up an actual time to meet with her! Later that evening we went to see Holly. She is incredible. It's just amazing to see how far she has come, and how much happier she is with the gospel in her life. I just love her!! We also had a great lesson with Amanda! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation, and it ALL just clicked with her.

Wednesday was great! We met with Jose. Kelly and our Branch President came and joined our meeting. They both shared their testimonies of the Book of Mormon and prayer. It was SO powerful, and even I felt motivated after we left to read more diligently, and pray with a more sincere heart!

Friday was a crazy day..but it was amazing! We were on our way to the church to meet up with the Gardner Sisters (Sister Lewis and Sister Buttars) because we were bringing them to district meeting, and on our way we got a phone call from President Packard. He said: "Sisters..I have some sad news. Sister Haws is going be transferred to a new area which will be revealed later, but there is some happy news.. Sister Barrett, The Lord has called you to train a new missionary." I literally had no words. I'm so excited! This new challenge is really going to push me to work extra hard, and go that extra mile, because I really want to be a great example to my greenie, and express pure Christ like love for her, and all the people in this area. I just can't believe I'm going to be a trainer!! AAHHHHHH!!

I am so sad to have to say goodbye to Sister Haws though. It has been an incredible 3 transfers with her, and she is one of my best friends. I love her dearly! It's okay though because we're already planning her trip to Ireland..this is not the end of Team Baws!

Haha anyway...continuing on with the story...after we met up with the Gardner Sisters, President Packard called them while we were in the car, and told Sister Buttars she has been called to be a Sister training Leader in a new area..so the whole drive to District Meeting was a little depressing, because everyone is leaving, and EVERYONE was really stressed and anxious to know what was going to happen.  After District meeting we got the texts telling us who was going where. We found out Sister Buttars, and Sister Haws are both going to Providence, RI. Sister Buttars is going Spanish Speaking, and Sister Haws is  going to English speaking of course, but they'll live in the same apartment, and Sister Buttars is going to be Sister Haws' Sister Training Leader! That made me so happy to know that Sister Haws will be going to Providence with someone she knows. The drive home from District Meeting was a lot happier for everyone..thank goodness! :P

I got to hold a kitten!
General Conference was amazing!! The talk that hit me the most was DEFINITELY Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. Hearing him talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ really strengthens my testimony of the Saviour and what He has done for each of us. Easter truly is the most important day of the year!

I love you all and I hope you all have an incredible week!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment