Monday, 20 April 2015

First Week of Training!

Hey everyone!

So this week was awesome!!

We had an interesting experience last Monday. We were just about to leave to go to our Branch Activity...aaaand our car wouldn't start. The battery died! We ended up having to call Brian to see if he could help us out, and the minute we called him he was like "What did you do to your car??" haha this is not the first time we've had car troubles.. So anyways, he was already at the activity, so he sent some Sisters from the branch to come pick us up. Well, just when they got there, this man came up to our car and asked if he could help us out. He helped us to get our car running again, so we were able to drive ourselves to the activity. We also invited him to come to the activity. Then later on, while we were at the activity (which was Bowling and it was SO fun!), he walked in! He came to the activity! So we talked to him about the church, gave him a Book of Mormon, and invited him to church! It was awesome! And then he had a fun time Bowling! What a great day!!

When our battery died ...

Also, we got a call from the AP's and they told us we're getting a mini missionary this week! She arrives on Thursday! We're SO excited!!!

On Tuesday we had a lesson with Brendan, our investigator, and we brought one of the members, Sister Palmer. She's an older lady and she's really sweet. She told us that she had been waiting for missionaries to ask her to come to lessons for a long time, and she was so glad that we gave her that opportunity. She was so great in the lesson, and she was exactly what Brendan needed :)

This weekend was incredible! Saturday was AMAZING! So, we got a text during the week from the Norwich Sisters telling me that one of the members there, Sister Jicha, was going through the temple for the first time on Saturday, and she wanted me to be there! We worked with Sister Jicha a lot while I was in Norwich so this was really special! So, we organised for the Caputos to come with us and bring us to the temple so I could be there for her. The Caputos were all excited and ready to go, but then on Friday we got a call from Brother Caputo and he said that they couldn't bring us anymore, and they were really sorry. We were SO sad! But we didn't give up hope! We started calling everyone and their dog to see who could bring us (because we're not allowed to drive ourselves). But nobody was really able to bring us... Then, a couple of hours later, Brother Caputo calls us again and says "We're back on for tomorrow!" It was a miracle! So on Saturday I got to be there for Sister Jicha as she went through the temple for the first time, and as she got sealed to her husband for time and all eternity. Words cannot describe how happy I was. It was so amazing to be a part of her incredible journey. Tears were shed! A lot of tears were shed! It was seriously the best day ever! :)

Then on Sunday, I got really sick. It wasn't a good day. I woke up and I felt really nauseous and lightheaded, and I was SO WARM...but then I was so cold! I called the mission nurse and she said that I had a stomach bug and that I should stay home. We ended up going to Sacrament meeting..well..half of Sacrament meeting. I didn't make it all the way through. After the Sacrament, I just got a blessing, and then we went home.
This story is about to get gross so prepare yourselves...
When I walked in the door of the apartment it was SO hot, and I couldn't handle it so I ran into the bathroom and threw up. I was so sick! That happened twice :( I just ended up sleeping for most of the day. Later on, one of the members in our branch, Kelly, brought some stuff over to help me. She brought Gatorade, melon, ginger ale, and some essential oils! She is so awesome! She's a nurse so she knows what's best :)

I'm feeling much better today. It was just a 24 hour thing thank goodness!

Other than Sunday, this week was amazing!!

I hope you've all had an incredible week :) 

I love you all!
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment