Monday 15 June 2015

Cead Mile Failte :)

Hey everyone!

I hope you've all had an amazing week!! My week was fabulous!

So first of all..Tuesday. On Tuesday we had a nice, busy day, and we ended our day by going to the Youth activity in our ward. They were teaching everyone how to do Family History...something I've never been good at! Gloria (our recent convert) came too! She has gotten SO into Family history! It's great! 
So.. I've been told that Irish Family History is pretty hard to do..but it's still possible! I got help from one of the women in the ward, Sister Armistead. She is this AWESOME Australian woman! They're whole family is awesome! But she was SO helpful with my Family History. She even texted us the next day telling me that she's been doing a lot of research and she's found a bunch of stuff about my family history! She showed me everything and it's SO COOL! I just REALLY want to be good at family history stuff!! It's definitely something I need to work on!


This is literally on everyone's doors, and I wonder if they really know what it means. But if they don't, that's okay. That's why I'm here! To tell them that it means "A hundred thousand welcomes" :)


So then, on Wednesday. We went to see our investigator Hannah. She is so cool! She's 20, so we get along really well with her, and her parents are already members of the church. They just went less active before she turned 8 so she was never baptised. So we talked to her about baptism, and we invited her to be baptised on my birthday (July 26th..just so you all know), aaand she said no! But that's okay! We're still working on it! And she's really awesome! She'll be baptised someday, whether I'm here or not :)

Then later on in the week, we had a dinner appointment with this awesome family, the Rynne's. They just live around the corner from us so it's great. They're daughter, Nicole is literally the sweetest person! She's 18 and she's so awesome. She was wearing a t-shirt that said "Happiness is being Irish" and I was like "YES!", and then she was like "Oh I have something for you! I saw it and I just HAD to get it for you!!" 
She got me a t-shirt that says "Made in Ireland, and it has a picture of Ireland on it! Haha it's so awesome! I don't have a picture of it yet, but they're coming soon! Next week :P

Then this weekend was just fantastic! We had one of the Relief Society sisters, Sister Roberto, come out with us for a few hours on Saturday, and she is just amazing. We went to see our investigator Patti, and we did some service for her around her house because she's in a lot of pain, so she can't do a lot herself. She's getting a hip replacement soon! But while myself and Sister Hansen were doing service, Sister Roberto just sat down with her and talked about the gospel, and the Book of Mormon and EVERYTHING! And THEN she went in to talk to Patti's daughter and invited her to church. And then as we were leaving she said to Patti "I want you to read the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes a day. This book has brought me the greatest joy in my life. I testify to you that this book is true and that it will make your life better, and you'll be happier!" We were like "YEAH!!!" This woman is AWESOME!!! It was so great!!

Then on Sunday, in the evening, we went to the Stake Centre for a Fireside. President Packard did a Fireside about the Book of Mormon and it was SO amazing. 
I LOVE the Book of Mormon! I have developed such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon throughout my mission. It has changed my life. I know it answers the questions of our heart and soul. I know that if everyone reads it and ponders it, and prays to ask God is it's true, they WILL get an answer. And it might not be a big miraculous experience! It wasn't for me. But I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it is the word of God. 

I love this gospel SO much, and I LOVE being a missionary!

This dog thinks it's a meerkat!


I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment